Many stickers claim to be waterproof or water-resistant. Is there a difference between the two? Yes. Sticker materials that are based on a cardstock or paper are often not waterproof, however, they can be designed to be water-resistant. To be deemed waterproof, a sticker must be able to withstand being immersed in water for an extended duration of time.
Read on to discover the qualities of waterproof stickers vs. water-resistant labels and how waterproof stickers can benefit your business.
Waterproof Vs. Water-Resistant Labels
Waterproof stickers are far different from water-resistant labels. Waterproof stickers are not only able to withstand water immersion for a while, but stay intact while doing so. A label that is only water-resistant will begin to degrade after a short period of time when it is submerged in water. Waterproof is essentially impervious to water, highly durable and heavy duty. They will not peel off or fall off, which is why waterproof stickers are ideal for medical, industrial and engineering workplaces. Multicolor Labels waterproof stickers can be placed on vehicles, farm and medical equipment, construction equipment, HVAC units, outdoor venues and more.
Due to the strong adhesive backing, our waterproof stickers can withstand harsh rain, moisture and cold temperatures. With a wide range of shapes and sizes, custom or standard, we carry a variety of waterproof labels that are perfect for any outdoor application.
Waterproof Sticker Application Use
Waterproof stickers can be used for a variety of applications. Waterproof stickers must be used for specific environments and applications, as a water-resistant sticker would not be suitable. Some of the application examples include:
- Outdoor use: Waterproof stickers are designed for extended outdoor exposure on windows or outside surfaces. They will remain intact and function well, regardless of weather conditions.
- Vehicles: Waterproof stickers are highly effective for vehicles, including trucks, trailers, delivery vans and construction vehicles. They will fare far better in harsh elements and climates than non-waterproof stickers.
- Marine equipment: For obvious reasons, any stickers being placed on boats or other marine equipment should be completely waterproof. This should be the same for stickers placed inside the boat itself, even if they are not directly exposed to water.
- High-humidity environments: Whether a damp area or a climate with higher levels of humidity, waterproof stickers can withstand the moisture in the air, whereas standard stickers would fall apart.
- Food packaging: Waterproof labels are perfect for food packaging that has to go through a process of water immersion and refrigeration. Some food items have to be stored in a bucket of ice and only waterproof labels can withstand that where regular stickers would merely disintegrate.
Multicolor Labels provides digital printing for several types of removable, waterproof, water-resistant, clear and reflective stickers. Whether you desire custom or standard waterproof stickers, all of our products are high-quality and full-colour. They are able to withstand extreme temperatures, whether high or low. Contact us for a quote request on our waterproof labels at https://www.multicolorlabels.com/specialty-labels/waterproof-labels/.